The state of Illinois and the University of Chicago require students to have proof of immunity and/or vaccinations for the following:
- Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (German Measles) (proof of two doses required)
- Tetanus/ Diphtheria/ Pertussis (proof of three doses required)
- Meningococcal for those under 22 years of age
In order to complete this requirement by the end of the fifth week (November 3 for Autumn Quarter 2018), you must follow the below steps. If you do not comply by this deadline, will not be able to register for the subsequent quarter.
Immunization Record Instructions
The following steps must be followed to fulfill the immunization requirement. If you have records of your vaccinations,* you may jump to step 4.
- Print the immunization form.
- Medical students should submit the Medical Student Immunization Form. This does not apply to visiting medical students.
- Visiting medical students should follow the directions in the VSAS for uploading their immunizations.
- Complete the demographic (top) portion of the form.
- Have the form filled by your physician, nurse, or public health official. The form must be signed by the provider and should include the address and the phone number of the office. You may also submit school immunization records, clinic records, or other official documentation of your vaccination history. Please make sure that the record is in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified.
- Upload your documents to the University of Chicago’s Immunization Portal. Review the instructions for using the Immunization Portal.
* You may submit school immunization records, clinical/hospital records, International Certificate of Vaccinations, or other official documentation of your vaccination history. Please make sure that the record is in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified.
If you need vaccinations, please call SHS at 773.702.4156 to make an appointment.
To request a copy of your immunization records from the University of Chicago, please complete a release of medical records form and email to Student Health Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Vaccine Price List
View the list of vaccines SHS currently offers and their prices.