For detailed instructions regarding the immunization requirement please view the immunization webinar.
Under State of Illinois and University policy, students must submit proof of immunization for a variety of non-COVID diseases upon enrolling at the University. New students for Winter Quarter will be able to upload proof of immunizations as well as make appointments at Student Wellness starting with the second week of December.
(Note: For updated information on the University’s COVID vaccine requirement visit the GoForward website.)
The list of immunizations that students must comply with are based on their program of study and will be included in their list of action items in the “Medical Clearances” section of the my.WellnessPortal (applicable to most students in programs/research that convene in person).
- Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis
- Meningococcal (for students entering the University under the age of 22)
Medical students have additional requirements including proof of COVID-19 vaccination. These additional requirements can be found on the medical student immunization for
Non-medical students may use and upload the non-medical student immunization form or upload a copy of their immunization record.
Please make sure that all records are in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified. The University does not provide translation services, but advice on finding a service can be found on the Office of International Affairs website.
For detailed instructions on how to submit proof of immunization, view this Step-by-Step guide.
Deadlines for Immunization Compliance
- October 20, 2023: New students participating in any University in-person or on-campus activity that begins Autumn Quarter 2023 will need to show proof of immunity or have an approved exemption by October 20, 2023.
- January 26, 2024: New students participating in any University in-person or on-campus activity that begins Winter Quarter 2024 will need to show proof of immunity or have an approved exemption by January 26, 2024.
Students may request an exemption to the University and State of Illinois immunization requirements for the following specific reasons:
- Medical (as attested by your healthcare provider)
- Religious (objection on religious grounds as set forth by your specific religious belief)
- Remote-only study (granted on a quarter-by-quarter basis at the discretion of the student’s Dean of Students office) Remote-only means you will not be on campus at all during the quarter.
How to Submit Your Exemption Request
To request an exemption you will need to log in to your my.WellnessPortal using your University CNET ID and password. The exemption forms are available under the Medical Clearances tab under the heading “Clearance Exemptions”. You will upload the completed form for each required immunization for which you are seeking an exemption.
For further instructions how to submit immunizations or exemptions, please view this Step-by-Step Guide.
Students who are not in compliance with the University and State of Illinois immunization policy are subject to restrictions on course registration as outlined in the Student Manual.
To request a copy of your prior immunization records from the University of Chicago, please email UChicago Student Wellness at email@example.com.
Vaccines Offered at UChicago Student Wellness
View the list of vaccines UChicago Student Wellness currently offers (most are offered free of charge; a few incur a small fee).
COVID-19 vaccines and booster shots are available in the U.S. from pharmacies and other local providers, and it is often easiest to schedule a booster appointment there. You can find a nearby vaccine site by visiting vaccines.gov.
UChicago Student Wellness is offering COVID-19 vaccines/boosters on campus. Availability for appointments can be searched through the my.WellnessPortal. Additional appointment availability is added regularly.