UChicago Student Wellness, in collaboration with UChicago Human Resources, is offering free flu shots to individuals with a University ID.
To reduce lines and encourage social distancing, individuals will be required to have an appointment to receive a flu vaccination. The online scheduling tool will allow you to quickly and easily schedule, change, or cancel your appointment at your convenience. We encourage you to book your appointment as soon as possible, as appointments will fill up quickly.
In order to receive a flu shot, you must:
- Wear a mask and practice social distancing during your appointment.
- Bring your UChicago ID and two copies of the completed consent form. There will be copies of the consent form available onsite if you do not have access to a printer.
- Arrive on time to your appointment. Individuals who arrive late may be asked to reschedule.
If you are feeling sick on the day of your appointment, please reschedule your flu shot for another time.
Dates and Locations
Student Wellness Center
Flu shot clinics will take place at the Student Wellness Center, 840 E. 59th St., throughout the month of October and early November. Please check the online scheduling tool for available dates and times. We encourage you to book your appointment as early as possible. Additional appointment times will be added on a weekly basis after October 15.
Tuesday, October 26
9:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
5235 S. Harper Court, Room 1121
Make your appointment online.
*UChicago Benefits Fair
Thursday, November 4
9 a.m.-4 p.m.
Ida Noyes Hall
1212 E. 59th St.
Make your appointment online.
*This clinic is for faculty, other academics, and staff only.
UChicago Student Wellness does not provide documentation for flu shots given during the flu shot clinics. If you require proof of your flu vaccine, we recommend keeping the second copy of your consent form after the nurse has signed the form and documented the administration of your vaccine, or taking a picture of your completed consent form.
Frequently Asked Questions
To reduce lines and encourage social distancing, all individuals who would like a flu shot are required to have an appointment.
- Everyone will be required to wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth (indoors and outdoors).
- Six feet social distancing will be enforced. You must be receiving a vaccination and have an appointment to enter the event. You will be asked to depart immediately after receiving your shot.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer will be available. You will be asked to clean your hands before entering the event. Nurses will change gloves and sanitize between patients.
- High-touch areas will be cleaned throughout the event.
Schedule your appointment in three simple steps. You can schedule, change, or cancel your appointment up until 24 hours before the event.
- Choose your location date and time.
- Enter your name, phone number, email, and status.
- View your cofirmation.
At the bottom of your confirmation email, click the red change/cancel appointment button. You can view available times and reschedule or cancel your appointment.
We recommend scheduling an appointment for a date and time that is available, and check back later. Appointments may open up as others change or cancel appointments. If your preferred date and time becomes available, you may change your appointment.
Please bring your University ID and two copies of your signed consent form. There will be copies of the consent form available onsite if you do not have access to a printer. Individuals must wear masks during their appointment. If possible, wear a short-sleeved shirt.
No. Flu vaccinations are free to those with a University ID.
You must be at least 18 years old to participate in the flu clinic. If you are under the age of 18, call the Student Wellness Center at 773-834-WELL to schedule an appointment.
We offer a quadrivalent flu vaccine, which protects against four flu strains. A preservative-free vaccine will also be available; ask the nurse at the time of your appointment if you would like to receive this option.
Vaccination takes less than a minute. Your appointment will take less time if you arrive with two completed consent forms.