The Better Together campaign was created by the Wellness Advisory Board (WAB) to emphasize the importance of students connecting with one another to strengthen their emotional wellness. Data from UChicago's 2014 Healthy Minds Study showed that more than half of both College and graduate students felt lonely. Much of this was attributed to students not developing lasting connections with their peers.
The overall goals of the Better Together campaign are to:
- Emphasize the importance of developing social connections
- Increase students' motivation to become more connected with others
- Decrease feelings of loneliness among UChicago students
This campaign encourages students to change their attitudes around the importance of connecting with others by:
- Providing suggestions for how to connect with one another
- Highlighting research showing the benefits of social connectedness
- Linking students to events, programs, and services on campus that encourage connecting with others
To participate in the Better Together Campaign, use #ucbettertogether to find events and programs around campus that encourage connecting with others. You can use the hashtag in your social media posts or include it on marketing materials and in emails, to share photos of how you spend time with your family, friends, roommates, and others.
For more information, visit UC Better Together on Facebook.