July 14, 2021
The University announced on June 13 that it expects every University employee to get fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they cannot do so because of a medical or religious reason or other authorized exemptions. University faculty, other academic appointees, postdoctoral researchers, and staff, including all BSD employees, should upload proof of their COVID-19 vaccination in the University's registry by August 13, 2021.
Any University employee working on campus or at a University facility in the Chicago area who does not upload proof of full COVID-19 vaccination for any reason will be required to participate in the University’s weekly COVID-19 testing program, wear a mask at all times in any University facility with limited exceptions, and potentially follow other mitigation measures.
Uploading Your COVID-19 Vaccination Documentation
- Go to my.WellnessPortal, the secure, HIPAA-compliant medical records system for UChicago Student Wellness. UChicago Student Wellness is coordinating the University-wide vaccination registry process.
- Upload a photo of your vaccine card or screenshot/copy of your electronic medical record showing that you have been vaccinated. Your documentation must include all relevant information in English and must clearly state the vaccine manufacturer and date(s) each dose was administered.
- Step-by-Step Guide for Submitting Your Documentation
- Vaccination FAQs
- University Employee Vaccination Requirement (July 13 Message from Ka Yee C. Lee and Katie Callow-Wright)
- Steps to Confirm Vaccination Status Via a Registry (July 14 Message from Ka Yee C. Lee and Katie Callow-Wright)
Please carefully review all of the questions in the University’s Vaccination FAQs, which are updated over time and include detailed information that will address many questions you may have, including the current list of vaccines that will be accepted.
If you have questions about the process of uploading your documentation to the registry, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include your phone number, UChicago email address, and UChicago ID number. Your UChicago ID number can be found on the back of your University ID card.