August 11, 2022
The Chicago Department of Public Health (CDPH) announced that MPV (monkeypox) JYNNEOS vaccines will be available, by appointment, at several clinics across the city on August 13 and 14.
Eligibility for MPV vaccination may change over time, but currently close contacts (e.g., household members with close physical contact or intimate partners) of someone diagnosed with MPV are prioritized for vaccination regardless of sex, gender, or sexual orientation. In addition, MPV vaccine is available to gay or bisexual men and transgender persons 18 years of age and older who:
- Have had multiple or anonymous sex partners, or sex at a social or sexual venue, or sex in exchange for money or goods, AND
- Have not previously been infected with MPV.
More than 2,000 appointments are available, by appointment only, at:
- CDPH MPV Vaccination Clinics at City College locations on Saturday, August 13 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.:
- Kennedy King College (6301 S. Halsted St.), events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/nktvn/ and use the voucher code 813MPV
- Malcolm X College (1900 W. Jackson Blvd.), events.juvare.com/IL-IDPH/xudqs/ and use the voucher code 813MPV
- MPV Vaccination Clinic hosted by RUSH and UIC at the College of Nursing (845 S. Damen Ave., Chicago, 60612) on Sunday, August 14 for Illinois residents, register at uicort.setmore.com.
Additionally, MPV vaccine appointments are now available up to 6 days per week at three CDPH STI Clinics around the city by visiting getvaxchi.chicago.gov. To access remaining available appointments this week, use the following codes:
- Lakeview Clinic, use referral code f0969104
- Austin Clinic, use referral code 2774ae3b
- Roseland Clinic, use referral code fb1c220e