Each Mindfulness Meditation offering includes instruction and practice of mindfulness meditation and other mind/body techniques to help reduce stress.
We offer two options to participate in Mindfulness Meditation:
Basic Mindfulness Meditation: An introduction to mindfulness meditation that consists of a weekly, hour-long class taught over four weeks. Each session is limited to twenty students. Attendance at all four weeks is required. See below for Autumn 2022 classes:
- Basic Section 1: Mondays 12-1 p.m. on Zoom 10/3, 10/10, 10/17 and 10/24
- Basic Section 2: Thursdays 2-3 p.m. in Bond Chapel 10/6, 10/13, 10/20 and 10/27
- Basic Section 3: Tuesdays 1-2 p.m. in Bond Chapel 11/1, 11/8, 11/15 and 11/29
Register for a Basic Mindfulness Meditation course here.
Advanced Mindfulness Meditation: An “advanced” class for students who have completed the basic class and are eager for more mindfulness or already practice meditation regularly. Advanced Mindfulness consists of a weekly, hour-long class taught over four weeks. Attendance at all four weeks is required. See below for Autumn 2022 class details:
Advanced Section 1 Mondays 12-1 p.m. in Bond Chapel 10/31, 11/7, 11/14, 11/28
Register for an Advanced Mindfulness Meditation course here.
In an effort to include as many students as possible, we ask that you please register for only one Basic Mindfulness Meditation course per quarter. Contact Carolyn Banner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
For more resources to assit in deepening your practice, click on the resource type below.
In addition to UChicago Student Wellness's Mindfulness Meditation Course and Weekly Mindfulness Meditation Sessions, there are a variety of ways you can practice mindfulness meditation at UChicago.
- Twenty Minutes Still: Twenty Minutes Still is a drop-in meditation session with qualified instructors every Monday and Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. Join these sessions in UChicago Spiritual Life's Virtual Living Room or in Bond Chapel. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Hyde Park Zen Meditation: Spiritual Life and Ancient Dragon Zen Gate provide zazen meditation, dharma talks about their practice, and community discussion on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 7:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit this webpage for more information.