Each Mindfulness Meditation offering includes instruction and practice of mindfulness meditation and other mind/body techniques to help reduce stress.
We offer two options to participate in Mindfulness Meditation:
Basic Mindfulness Meditation: An introduction to mindfulness meditation that consists of a weekly, hour-long class taught over four weeks. Each session is limited to twenty students on Zoom and fifteen students in person. Attendance at all four weeks is required. There will be four Basic Mindfulness Meditation sessions in Sprng Quarter.
- Session 1: Wednesdays from 12:00 - 1:00pm on Zoom
- April 6, 13, 20, and 27
- Session 2: Thursdays from 2:00 - 3:00pm in Bond Chapel (in person)
- April 7, 14, 21, and 28
- Session 3: Wednesdays at 1:00 - 2:00pm on Zoom
- May 4, 11, 18, and 25
- Session 4: Fridays at 10:00 - 11:00am in Bond Chapel (in person)
- May 6, 13, 20, and 27
Click here to to register for any Basic Mindfulness Meditation sessions.
Advanced Mindfulness Meditation: An “advanced” class for students who have completed the basic class and are eager for more mindfulness or already practice meditation regularly. Advanced Mindfulness consists of a weekly, hour-long class taught over four weeks. Attendance at all four weeks is required.
- Session 1: Mondays from 1:00 - 2:00pm in Bond Chapel (in person)
- May 2, 9, 16, and 23
Click here to register for Advanced Mindfulness Meditation.
In an effort to include as many students as possible, we ask that you please register for only one Mindfulness Meditation course per quarter. Contact Carolyn Banner (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions or concerns.
For more resources to assit in deepening your practice, click on the resource type below.
In addition to UChicago Student Wellness's Mindfulness Meditation Course and Weekly Mindfulness Meditation Sessions, there are a variety of ways you can practice mindfulness meditation at UChicago.
- Twenty Minutes Still: Twenty Minutes Still is a drop-in meditation session with qualified instructors every Monday and Wednesday morning at 8 a.m. Join these sessions in UChicago Spiritual Life's Virtual Living Room or in Bond Chapel. Email email@example.com for more information.
- Hyde Park Zen Meditation: Spiritual Life and Ancient Dragon Zen Gate provide zazen meditation, dharma talks about their practice, and community discussion on Wednesday evenings from 6pm to 7:30pm. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit this webpage for more information.