The Student Health Advisory Board is currently accepting applications through June 1st! Apply HERE.
The Student Health Advisory Board (SHAB) is comprised of undergraduate and graduate students, Deans of Students, and the UChicago Student Wellness Leadership Team.
SHAB’S purpose is to work collaboratively on issues concerning university student health, counseling, wellness, and insurance. Students on the board play a key role in collecting student feedback and influencing the ongoing development of UChicago Student Wellness programs and services. SHAB students will also be ambassadors to the student body to deliver messages that the committee feels are important.
- Student representatives must be a current College, graduate, or professional student at the University of Chicago.
- Students must be enrolled and in good standing in their academic program, and will be physically present on or near the Hyde Park campus for the duration of their appointment on the Committee.
- If appointed to SHAB, students will be required to attend monthly meetings and periodic subcommittee meetings that may total up to four hours of meeting time.
- Students who are not present or actively engaged in SHAB may lose member status.
- Terms for SHAB expire at the conclusion of the 2022-23 academic year, with the possibility of reappointment.
Application and Selection Process
Every year, SHAB seeks student representatives to serve a term of one academic year. If you are interested in being part of SHAB for the 2023-2024 academic year, please apply here by June 1st, 2023.
The UChicago Student Wellness Leadership Team will review applications. Finalists will be invited for an interview.