Wellczars are wellness liaisons who provide their College Houses with health and wellness information and resources. Wellczars work closely with Health Promotion and Wellness and their Peer Health Advocate mentors. They are health and wellness experts within Housing who help their fellow peers make safe, healthy, and well-informed choices.
Wellczars cover the following topics:
- Health and wellness resources on campus
- Safer drinking and alcohol risk reduction
- Sexual health and healthy relationships
- Mental health
- Stress management and self-care
- Body image and eating concerns
- LGBTQ health and wellness
All Wellczars are expected to:
- Attend regular Wellczar meetings
- Schedule at least two Health Promotion and Wellness workshops or services within their Houses over the course of the academic year
- Promote those workshops to their Houses for optimal attendance
- Check email regularly and respond to their Wellczar coordinator in a timely fashion
- Forward information received in weekly email updates to their Houses and make regular wellness updates at weekly House meetings
- Share flyers and other materials received during Wellczar meetings
- Keep their Houses stocked with safer sex supplies
Becoming a Wellczar
Any student living in College Housing can be voted as their House’s Wellczar at the beginning of Autumn Quarter, during House elections. Wellczars should be passionate about helping their fellow students and learning about health and wellness. If you are interested in being elected a Wellczar, ask your RA how you can run for the position.
If you would like further information about the Wellczar Program, please contact Katrina Wagner at email@example.com.