Announcement: Students eligible to enroll in U-SHIP Winter Quarter can enroll here. The deadline is Friday, January 19, 2018 at 12 p.m. CST.
Confirming or Waiving Your U-SHIP Enrollment
- You must complete the enrollment/ waiver application each year.
- Your alternate insurance plan must meet all of the criteria outlined on this checklist.
- Without taking action, you will be automatically billed the first installment for U-SHIP. The charge will only be removed from your student account when your waiver has been approved.
- After the enrollment period, your insurance selection will remain on file through August 31, 2018 (unless you experience a qualifying life event necessitating a mid-year change).
- Dependents are not automatically enrolled in U-SHIP; you must add them to your coverage each year. Note: students who enroll dependents 14 years or older on U-SHIP will also be assessed a quarterly dependent life fee.
Students approved to register as a student after the insurance deadline must submit a manual insurance enrollment/waiver application within 10 days of registration if they wish to waive U-SHIP coverage. Failure to do so will result in the student remaining enrolled in U-SHIP coverage for the remainder of the plan year. Please contact the on-campus insurance coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org or (773) 834-4543 (Option 2) for the manual insurance enrollment/ waiver application.