The state of Illinois and the University of Chicago requires students to have proof of immunity and/or vaccinations for certain diseases including:
- Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (German Measles) -- proof of two doses required.
- Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Pertussis -- proof of three doses required.
- Meningococcal for those under 22 years of age
Immunization Record Instructions
The below steps must be followed to fulfill this requirement. If you have records of vaccinations*, you may jump to step 4.
Print the immunization form.
- Medical students, except visiting medical students, should submit the Medical Student Immunization Form.
- Visiting medical students should follow the directions in the VSAS for uploading their immunizations.
- Complete the demographic (top) portion of the form.
- Have the form filled by your physician, nurse or public health official. The form must be signed by the provider and should include the address and phone number of the office. You may also submit school immunization records, clinic records or other official documentation of your vaccination history. Please make sure that the record is in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified.
- Upload your documents to the University of Chicago’s Immunization Portal. Click here for instructions for using the Immunization Portal.
If you need vaccinations, you can make an appointment with a Student Health coordinator. Please call Student Heath Service at 773-702-4156 for more information.
* You may submit school immunization records, clinic/hospital records, International Certificate of Vaccinations or other official documentation of your vaccination history. Please make sure that the record is in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the cost of the vaccines?
The requireed vaccines, like MMR, Tetanus, and Meningococcal are free of charge to you.
What if I have some but not all the vaccines needed?
We will review your records and give you the vaccines you need. Please call Student Health Service at 773-702-4156 to make an appointment.
What if I don't get the vaccines?
You will be blocked from registering for classes in subsequent quarters.
What if I cannot get the vaccines where I live?
Email email@example.com or call 773-702-4156 and let us know what vaccines you are unable to get and we will make an appointment for you.
Where can I find general information about vaccines?
Please go to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention website to learn more about diseases and he vaccines that preven them.