The Body Positive 6-week program is for students who are interested in a deeper learning and self-reflection of their own body image and body positivity are encouraged to participate. This is not a therapy group and if you think you may have an eating disorder, we recommend requesting an Eating Concerns Assessment at SCS by calling 773.702.9800 or by discussing it with your individual therapist if you are already being seen at SCS.
We apologize, but the Body Positive program is not being offered at this time. Please check back at a future date for more information.
- Welcomes all bodies and identities
- Cultivates body appreciation and calming the inner critic
- Embraces the body diversity of our campus community
- Challenges discrimination based on size and/or appearance
- Provides spaces for open discussion about body image, eating concerns, and eating disorders
- Encourages the spread of body positivity throughout the campus, and creates an environment where open, accepting conversations around body image and weight concerns are the social norm
- Links students to existing campus resources on body image, eating concerns and eating disorders
Be Body Positive Model
The Be Body Positive model provides people of all ages, sizes, sexual orientations, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and socioeconomic levels with a whole-person, non-shaming approach to the mystery and miracle of living in a human body. The model is composed of five core competencies:
- Reclaiming health
- Practicing intuitive self-care
- Cultivating self-love
- Declaring your own authentic beauty
- Building community
Learn more about the Body Positive, a nationally recognized program!