UChicago Student Wellness offers a variety of programs to help students improve their wellbeing. Most of our programs are currently being offered virtually, but please check the programs’ pages or our events calendar for further information.
- BustMyStress Email: Students may sign up for our weekly BustMyStress email that provides stress-relief tips and highlights ongoing stress-relief programs offered to students.
- Let’s Talk: Let’s Talk is a program that provides easy access to informal and confidential sessions with therapists from UChicago Student Wellness. There’s no need for an appointment and no cost to students.
- Living Intentionally to Flourish Everyday (LIFE): LIFE is a four-week program that draws upon strengths using positive psychology principles with the goal of increasing flourishing and wellbeing among students.
- Mental Health First Aid (MHFA): MHFA is an eight-hour training designed to give participants the skills to help someone who is developing a mental health problem or experiencing a mental health crisis.
- Stress Kits: Stress Kits provide students with stress-relieving supplies that are great for study breaks, House meetings, and more.
- Therapy Groups: UChicago Student Wellness therapy groups create a welcoming, nonjudgmental environment where students can connect to other students around shared struggles or current life conditions.
- Workshops and Support Spaces: All students are welcome to attend our weekly workshops and support spaces to help manage stress and anxiety, develop coping techniques, and connect with peers.
- Workshops by Request: Virtual workshops are available by request for mindfulness, self-care, or stress management.
- Wellness Coaching: Wellness Coaching is an opportunity for students to examine their strengths with a wellness coach to navigate transitions and achieve desired changes they’d like to make in their lives.
- Sunny Spots: Use UChicago Student Wellness’s Sunny Spots Map to increase your light exposure and serotonin levels.
- Academic Skills Assessment Program: The Academic Skills Assessment Program (ASAP) assists students with improving academic performance through assessment, short-term coaching, and referrals.
- Alcohol and Other Drugs: UChicago Student Wellness provides additional programs to promote education surrounding alcohol and drug use, and our therapists perform substance use evaluations.
- BASICS: Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College (and Graduate) Students (BASICS) is a service for students who want to explore their alcohol use.
- Refresh Sleep: Refresh Sleep is a seven-week email program that aims to provide students with the skills and strategies needed to achieve more restful nights.
- Restorative Yoga: Restorative yoga uses gentle movement, breathing, and meditation techniques to help ease tension.
- Better Together: Better Together is a program where a small group of Graduate and Professional students come together once a week for four weeks for dinner, thoughtful discussion, and creative ways to get to know themselves and their peers.
- Take 10 Initiative: The Take 10 Initiative seeks to create a space for relaxation and social interaction through pop-up events relating to creativity, physical activity, gratitude, and engaging with others.
- Wellapalooza: Wellapalooza brings together campus and community partners who help you explore the many dimensions of wellness on campus through interactive booths, information about health services, wellness activities, giveaways, and healthy snacks.
- Pet Love: Therapy dogs are brought to campus for Pet Love, offering students an opportunity to socialize, lower anxiety, reduce loneliness, and have a healthy outlet for positive touch.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Mindfulness meditation offerings are open to all UChicago community members and include instruction and practice of mindfulness meditation and other mind/body techniques to help reduce stress.