UChicago Student Wellness is offering a variety of virtual programs during this period of remote learning to help students improve their wellbeing. Check this page for updates, or visit our events calendar for more information.
- Living Intentionally to Flourish Everyday (LIFE): LIFE is a four-week program that draws upon strengths using positive psychology principles with the goal of increasing flourishing and wellbeing among students. All incoming first-year College students will participate during weeks 2-5 of the Autumn Quarter. LIFE will then be offered to graduate and professional students during weeks 6-9. If you have any questions, contact Julie Edwards.
- Mindfulness Meditation 4-week course (Basic and Advanced): There will be three Basic and one Advanced Mindfulness Meditation courses offered per quarter.
- Weekly Mindfulness Meditation: Thirty-minute, drop-in mindfulness sessions are open to the entire campus community. To register, please complete the Mindfulness Meditation form in its entirety.
- Wellness Coaching: Wellness Coaching is an opportunity for students to examine their strengths with a wellness coach to navigate transitions and achieve desired changes they’d like to make in their lives.
- Workshops: Virtual workshops will be available by request for mindfulness, self-care, or stress management.
- Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College (and Graduate) Students (BASICS): A program for students who want to examine their substance use behaviors in a non-judgmental environment. Interested students may schedule a virtual appointment with Elizabeth Webb.
- Refresh Sleep: Refresh Sleep is a 7-week email program that aims to provide students with the skills and strategies needed to achieve more restful nights.
- Better Together: Better Together is a program designed for graduate and professional students to increase social and emotional wellbeing by connecting with fellow students for dinner, thoughtful discussion, and creative ways to get to know one another online.
- BustMyStress Listhost: Students may sign up for our weekly BustMyStress email listserv that provides stress-relief tips and highlights ongoing stress-relief programs offered to students.
- Social Media: We will be offering students ways to engage with one another through social media. Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram.
- Virtual Pet Love: UChicago Student Wellness hosted a virtual Pet Love event every Friday during Spring Quarter. Visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to see all our furry friends when they start their #influencer careers with us.
- Mindfulness Meditation Basics for Faculty: UChicago faculty were invited to learn the basics of mindfulness meditation in a half-hour session with Julie Edwards, MHA, Director of Health Promotion. The workshop taught skills and strategies to reduce stress and anxiety, promote presence, and strengthen focus.