UChicago Student Wellness is offering a variety of virtual programs during this period of remote learning to help students improve their wellbeing. Check this page for updates, or visit our events calendar for more information.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Recorded sessions teaching skills and strategies to reduce stress and anxiety are available on our YouTube channel.
- Virtual Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College (and Graduate) Students (BASICS): A program for students who want to examine their substance use behaviors in a non-judgmental environment. Interested students may schedule an appointment with Elizabeth Webb at email@example.com.
- Virtual Wellness Coaching: An opportunity for students to examine their strengths virtually with a wellness coach to navigate transitions and achieve desired changes they’d like to make in their lives. Interested students may sign up here.
- Group Virtual Wellness Coaching sessions: Student, staff, and faculty groups can indicate their interest and desired outcomes in a virtual group wellness coaching session here. A UChicago Student Wellness staff member will be in touch.
- Virtual Weekly Workshops: Weekly virutal workshops are available to help students cope and stay resilient. See a list of the workshops and register here.
- Virtual Workshops: UChicago Student Wellness will be offering virtual workshops by request for mindfulness, self-care, or stress management. Request a workshop here.
- BustMyStress Listhost: Sign up here for our weekly email listserv that provides stress-relief tips and highlights ongoing stress-relief virtual programs.
- Refresh Sleep: A seven-week email program that provides students with the skills and strategies to achieve more restful nights.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook and/or Instagram for more ideas on engaging with others virtually.
- Virtual Better Together: Virtual game nights were held throughout Spring Quarter.
- Virtual Pet Love: UChicago Student Wellness hosted a virtual Pet Love event every Friday during Spring Quarter. Visit our Facebook or Instagram pages to see all our furry friends when they start their #influencer careers with us.
- Mindfulness Meditation Basics for Faculty: UChicago faculty were invited to learn the basics of mindfulness meditation in a half-hour session with Julie Edwards, MHA, Director of Health Promotion. The workshop taught skills and strategies to reduce stress and anxiety, promote presence, and strengthen focus.