UChicago Student Wellness is offering a variety of virtual programs during Spring Quarter 2020 to help students improve their wellbeing. Check this page for updates throughout the Spring Quarter, or visit our events calendar for more information.
- Mindfulness Meditation: Live sessions teaching skills and strategies to reduce stress and anxiety will be offered on our YouTube channel. Students, staff, and faculty are welcome to join us live on Mondays from 12-1 p.m. or Fridays from 3:30-4 p.m. (CST). There will be an opportunity to chat live with the instructor. All sessions will be recorded and saved to the YouTube channel for future access.
- Virtual Brief Alcohol Screening and Intervention for College (and Graduate) Students (BASICS): A program for students who want to examine their substance use behaviors in a non-judgmental environment. Interested students may schedule an appointment with Elizabeth Webb at email@example.com.
- Virtual Pet Love: UChicago Student Wellness will be hosting a virtual Pet Love event every Friday during Spring Quarter. Join our event on Facebook and follow us on Instagram (@uchicagowellness) so that you can see all our furry friends when they start their #influencer careers with us.
- Virtual Wellness Coaching: An opportunity for students to examine their strengths virtually with a wellness coach to navigate transitions and achieve desired changes they’d like to make in their lives. Interested students may sign up here.
- Group Virtual Wellness Coaching sessions: Student, staff, and faculty groups can indicate their interest and desired outcomes in a virtual group wellness coaching session here. A UChicago Student Wellness staff member will be in touch.
- Virtual Workshops: UChicago Student Wellness will be offering virtual workshops by request for mindfulness, self-care, or stress management. Request a workshop here.
- Virtual Better Together: Virtual game nights will be held on April 22, May 6, and May 20 from 6-7 p.m. (CST). Students may register here.
- BustMyStress Listhost: Sign up here for our weekly email listserv that provides stress-relief tips and highlights ongoing stress-relief virtual programs.
- Social Media: Follow us on Facebook (@UChicagoHealthandWellness) and/or Instagram (@uchicagowellness) for more ideas on engaging with others virtually.
Recent Virtual Programs
- Refresh Sleep: A seven-week email program that provides students with the skills and strategies to achieve more restful nights.
- Mindfulness Meditation Basics for Faculty: UChicago faculty were invited to learn the basics of mindfulness meditation in a half-hour session with Julie Edwards, MHA, Director of Health Promotion and Wellness. The workshop taught skills and strategies to reduce stress and anxiety, promote presence, and strengthen focus.