UChicago Student Wellness—in collaboration with UChicago Medicine—is available to support students with COVID-19 testing, consultation, and follow-up care, as necessary.
- Symptomatic testing: If you are symptomatic and need a test:
- Students and employees with a UChicago Medicine MyChart account can login to complete a virtual screening. Based on the results of the screening, you may be eligible to schedule an appointment for a drive-up or walk-in swab test at UCM’s Hyde Park curbside clinic. Students without a MyChart account can call Student Wellness (773.834.WELL) for screening and scheduling.
- Visit the City of Chicago’s website for alternative symptomatic testing locations.
- Asymptomatic Testing: The University’s testing approach includes three programs: (1) Exposure Testing for individuals who may have been in close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19; (2) A Mandatory Surveillance Testing Program, for University employees and students who are not vaccinated and will be in University facilities in the Chicago area; and (3) A Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program for members of the University community who will be on the Hyde Park campus or another University facility in the Chicago area. View detailed information on how to access these testing programs.
COVID-19 Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program
In order to understand and mitigate the prevalence of COVID-19 on campus, the University is providing weekly screening for interested students, faculty, other academic appointees, and postdoctoral researchers and staff participants who will regularly be on campus through the Voluntary Surveillance Testing Program.
COVID-19 Mandatory Testing Program for Individuals
For Academic Year 2021-22, the University is requiring members of the campus community who are not fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and who will be in University facilities in the Chicago area to participate in the University’s weekly COVID-19 Mandatory Surveillance Testing Program.
- VIDEO: COVID-19 and UChicago’s Fall 2021 Return to Campus: FAQ with Dr. Emily Landon and Dr. Stephen Weber
- VIDEO: Caring for Your Mental Health During Quarantine or Isolation
- Guidance for On-Campus Students Who Test Positive for COVID-19 (PDF)
- Guidance for Off-Campus Students Who Test Positive for COVID-19 (PDF)
- Information for Students Who Are Quarantined Due to Exposure to COVID-19 (PDF)
- Guidance for Roommates, Caregivers, and Partners of Individuals with COVID-19 (PDF)
If you are unable to come to the Hyde Park campus to be tested at UChicago Medicine, we encourage you to visit the City of Chicago’s website for a list of alternative symptomatic testing locations.
If you are in the U.S. but not in the Chicago area, we encourage you to check with your local or state department of public health. If you are outside the U.S., please consult with your local healthcare provider.
Before visiting an off-campus site, we encourage you to ask the testing site or your insurance company about whether there will be out-of-pocket costs associated with the test or associated visit/consultation.
Students who test positive for COVID-19 can receive follow-up care and guidance from clinicians at UChicago Student Wellness. Regardless of where the test was conducted, students are encouraged to contact UChicago Student Wellness for care and support.
Anyone who tests positive for COVID-19 and has been in a University owned or operated facility must contact C19HealthReport@uchicago.edu so that the health and safety of others in our facilities can be addressed. It is important to report your case, regardless of whether or not the test was conducted on campus.
Physician/practitioner visits and most routine laboratory testing provided by UChicago Student Wellness are covered at no cost. Students screened by UChicago Student Wellness will be sent to the UChicago Medicine COVID-19 curbside testing site and be tested at no cost.
If you were tested at UChicago Medicine and have received a bill related to COVID-19 testing and you have questions, please call 844-843-3594 (option 2).
All members of the campus community are expected to adhere to the public health protocols outlined at goforward.uchicago.edu.
UChicago Student Wellness remains committed to providing you with the care and support you need. Throughout the pandemic, we’re here for you.