Student Health will be holding two immunization days for all non compliant students who need to get vaccinations. You do not need an appointment to visit Student Health Service on the Immunization Day. This is a walk-in service only for immunizations and vaccines. This year the days will be held on Saturday, October 7th and Saturday, November 11th from 10:00am-1:00pm. Please check-in at the Goldblatt Lobby of Student Health Service at 860 E. 59th Street.
The state of Illinois and the University of Chicago requires students to have proof of immunity and/or vaccinations for certain diseases including:
- Measles (Rubeola), Mumps, Rubella (German Measles)
- Tetanus/ Diphtheria/Pertussis
- Meningococcal for those under 22 years of age
The following steps must be followed prior to attending classes
Download and print the immunization form.
- Medical students, except visiting medical students, should submit the Medical Student Immunization Form.
- Visiting medical students should follow the directions in the VSAS for uploading their immunizations .
- Complete the demographic (top) portion of the form.
- Have the form completed by your physician, nurse or public health official. The form must be signed by the provider and should include the address and phone number of the office. You may also submit school immunization records, clinic records or other official documentation of your vaccination history. Please make sure that the record is in English; translations of non-English documents must be certified.
- Upload your documents to the University of Chicago’s Immunization Portal. Click here for instructions for using the Immunization Portal.
The deadline for submitting proof of immunizations is 1 week before the 1st day of the 1st quarter.
The deadline for Medical Students to submit proof of immunization to the Pritzker School of Medicine is July 1st, 2017.
If you need mandatory vaccinations, you can make an appointment with a Student Health nurse to fulfill the requirement. Please call Student Heath Services at 773-702-4156 for more information.
Please see Vaccination Price list for more information.
Frequently asked questions:
What is the cost of the vaccines?
- The required vaccines, like MMR, Tetanus and Meningococcal are free of charge to you if you have paid the Student Life Fee (included in your tuition bill).
What if I have some but not all the vaccines needed?
- We will review your records and give you the vaccines you need. You will have to make an appointment to get the vaccines as soon as you arrive on campus. Please call SHS at 773-702-4156
What if I don’t get the vaccines?
- You will be blocked from registering for classes in subsequent quarters.
What if I cannot get the vaccines where I live?
- Just email email@example.com or call 773-702-4156 and let us know what vaccines you are unable to get and we will make an appointment for you.