We hope that the following information helps you to better understand the Wellczar program. Please feel free to contact Lena Ismail at firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you may have.
Topics covered by the Wellczars will change from year to year based on student needs, but in 2015-2016, we plan to talk about:
- Health and Wellness resources on campus
- Safer drinking and alcohol risk reduction
- Sexual health and healthy relationships
- Mental health and stress management
- Body image
- LGBTQ health and wellness
Wellczars are elected by their houses. Ask your RA how you can get involved or run for the position during your house election.
Any student living in Housing can run to be their house’s Wellczar. Ideally, you should be passionate about helping your fellow students and learning about health and wellness.
All Wellczars are expected to:
- Attend at regular Wellczar meetings.
- Schedule at least two HPW workshops or services within your house over the course of the academic year.
- Market those workshops and services to your house.
- Check email regularly and responding to your PHA mentor or program advisor in a timely fashion.
- Forward information received in weekly email updates to your houses.
- Share fliers and other materials received during Wellczar meetings.
- Keep your house stocked with safer sex supplies.
Being your house’s Wellczar will also provide you with a number of benefits. These include:
- The opportunity to learn about a number of health and wellness topics.
- A chance to be a part of a strong team that has a lot of fun, and work closely with a support Peer Health Advocate Mentor.
- The ability to make a difference in your house.
- Experience that can enhance your resume.
- Free food at meetings.